Sponsors work alongside grant recipients to vigorously fulfill the role of Kinsman Redeemer by defending, rescuing, and restoring orphans and widows in their distress, and equipping others to do the same. Our sponsors have 10+ years living in country and have an integral understanding of the children, culture, and challenges that each of the recipients face.
The integrity of our sponsors in distributing grant money – is of paramount value to GOW and our sponsors. They are what make GOW effective & efficient. In addition, it’s the sponsor’s who identify the needs for new grants that you can view on our database.
Typical daily activities of the sponsors include:
- Visiting children in the streets & rail centers through outreach
- Teach the children in after-school programs in math, English, and Hindi
- Feed the children
- Play games and bring the children into safe locations
- Train children with vocational training. This includes sewing, basic computer skills, and other trades.
- Pray for the children and the poor
- Medical treatment of ailments. One of our sponsors is a doctor and regularly performs routine surgeries at little or no charge.
- Share God’s love
The sponsors are our brothers in Christ and the work that they do every day is of paramount importance to GOW.